George Mason University is providing OneDrive for Business (OneDrive) to active students at no cost. OneDrive is your professional document library. OneDrive uses Office 365 to store your files in the cloud. With your files stored in the cloud, it makes it easy to share and collaborate. OneDrive for Business also makes it easy to access your files from anywhere and from multiple devices. You will automatically have a OneDrive account. No sign-up is necessary. Note: Microsoft offers OneDrive for Consumers (individuals) and for OneDrive for Business. This is for Business use.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
All current students are eligible. OneDrive access is tied to your @masonlive.gmu.edu email address. You will automatically have a OneDrive account. No sign-up is necessary. When you stop taking classes at George Mason University, your OneDrive access will end.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- File storage space of 1TB
- Create and edit Microsoft Office documents from a web browser using Office Online—no additional software is needed!
- Collaboration on a Microsoft Office document in real-time with other students using Office Online
- Synchronization of your files so you always have access to the latest version
- Access files from anywhere using a web browser or mobile device
- Share files with your fellow students inside and outside the Mason community
- Ability to email someone a OneDrive file with no limit to the size (no hitting the email quota limit)
LEARN MORE ABOUT ONEDRIVE
Looking for more information or training on OneDrive for Business? Both Microsoft and Lynda.com offer a wide selection of free instructional guides, videos, and additional resources to help you get started. Note: these materials are hosted outside of George Mason University.
HOW DO I ACCESS ONEDRIVE?
OneDrive is accessible via Outlook on the Web and Mobile device.
Note: At this time the desktop sync client is not supported due to risk of data loss.
This service is intended for school-related data only. Use the same discretion you use when sharing information through any online medium. Users are responsible for understanding and complying with the university Data Stewardship Policy. For more information about data usage and classifications, please reference the following: